After Bill proposed, I came to the realization…I need a manicure! So I coerced Emily to go with me to a local nail place. Jack’s Nails gives incredibly good (if not a bit too long) pedicures, so we thought it would be a good place. I decided at the last-minute to get gel nails.
To me, I can’t keep a manicure for more than 2 days so this offered a slightly pricier alternative. For those of you who don’t know what a gel manicure is (not sure if that’s the name myself). The beauty of this is it should last for 3 weeks! I am exactly two weeks in and I’ve just got one finger that’s chipping – a record in my opinion!
So aside from creepy hand pictures my thoughts are:
- practically maintenance free pretty nails (+)
- my nails are growing the longest they’ve been because they’ve got the strong gel layer on top (+)
- the colors are limited, don’t expect to have the hundreds of options of your usual mani (-)
- my nails also are growing, and you can see that in the picture above – so while it’s great that they can last for 3 weeks I am due for a fill in (-)
- I have no idea how I’m going to get this stuff off! (HELP!)
For the second part of this post: I need a half marathon for Spring 2011. In a warm, preferably resort-ish area with a lot of people. Suggestions?!