I’ve signed up for a marathon, now what?! The Chicago Marathon is on Columbus Day Weekend = seems like very far away.
I am going to use Hal Higdon’s Novice Training Schedule. Interesting enough, the Chicago Marathon is often the first marathon for many of the runners. I think we will be in good company!
Working backwards from R-day, official training begins in June. To get in optimal shape for the training and to minimize injuries, these next 4 months are going to be a combination of running/cross-training and strength training. I am aiming for:
- 12-15 miles each week until March 31st
- 15-25 miles each week April-June
- 3 days a weeks of jumping and strength training – at least 1-2 interval workouts included
- 1 official yoga class a week
- eat more raw foods and make smoothies/shakes
- create a way to share training experience/virtual training with Em!
- save money to get me to R-day!
- plan a wedding :-)